Austin's Ice Cream Tour
Powered by Statesman Capitol 10,000
This summer, join the Statesman Cap10K on a new adventure that combines your interest in exploring new training routes while also tastefully surviving the Texas heat: Austin’s Ice Cream Tour–Summer Social. Through this new meet-up, we’re inviting you to join us each month to explore new custom-designed 5K or 10K routes that start and finish at local ice creamery. Reconnect with friends and meet new ones. Join us this summer for a satisfying new training opportunity and we’ll cool down with a scoop or two.
Each month this summer a new ice creamery and training route will be premiered. The tour schedule runs from June through August. Stay tuned as each ice creamery is unveiled. Click on each of the location for a complete event description.
Select a Local Creamery
Order your Tour Gear
How the Tour Works
The social tour works exactly the same way as any other type of training run except we’ll be traveling to a different featured ice creamery on the last Thursday of each month this summer. All you have to do is make a commitment to getting started. Not super fit yet, not a problem, use our map tools to plan a distance you are comfortable completing. Participation in the tour is absolutely free but only cone heads receive limited edition T-shirt and 50% off ice cream coupon bib number.
- Do I have to purchase a shirt with bib number to run the with the ice cream tour? No. Participation without a shirt & bib number is free, however, our local ice creamery partners have extended a generous 50%* off discounts when you show your official bib. (*some exclusions see store for details)
- Do I have to run a 10K? No. How far you run, walk or skip is completely up to you and your personal fitness level. Our course maps and street decals mark each mile on the route. If you only want to walk 2-miles, flip a u-turn at mile one and retrace your steps to finish your route.
- Do I have to run the training routes in sequential order? Yes. The host ice creamery’s discount is only good on the designated event date.
Register and Refer Friends.
- Secure your inaugural tour gear for only $30 and enjoy cooling delights this summer.
- Passport Tour Bib is valid for all three events.
- Each ice creamery offers a promotional 50% off discount on purchases when you show your official passport tour bib.
- Take advantage of our Refer a Friend program because it’s so much more fun to double-dip with a sidekick! Receive $2 back for every friend you register* and $2 off your compadre’s registration. Terms & Conditions
- All tour gear is mailed through the USPS, when order received 7-days prior to each event meeting, otherwise packet pick-up is prior to social run start. Shipping is included in the purchase price.
Order your inaugural tour shirt and bib today. Shirts are uni-gender sizing XS-2X. Lightweight, roomy, highly breathable, moisture-wicking, and 100% polyester interlock.
Run. Dip Drip. Repeat.
Review each ice creamery’s event page for route maps, directions, and online tracking tools. Business address, photos, and parking information are also listed.
Share Your Achievements.
Share your ice cream tour experience. Show us where you ran, what you saw or may be that face you make when you get brain freeze—we’d love to see your photos. Raffle prizes for photo submissions.
Ice Cream Tour
- This is not a race. There is no official start time and there is no official timing or scoring.
- Explore responsibly. This is self-guided and self-paced activity.
- There is no participation cost associated with using or following social run routes.
- Printed maps with turn instructions provided. Digital tracking apps (free) also available for each route.
- Course routes are measured to an approximate 5.1-mile or 6.2- mile distance.
- For safety participants should travel on the side of the street and in the direction facing oncoming traffic when possible.
- Course routes are not sanctioned by the Cap10K.
- Tracking or timing device is not required but, encouraged.
- The use of personal safety lights is encouraged.
- There is no limit to the amount of time to complete the 5.1-mile or 6.2-mile distance.
- Ice Cream Tour registration ends on the date of the last tour event.
Strava Ice Cream Tour Club
Join our Club
Did you know we have a Strava club for Austin’s Ice Cream Tour, it’s the perfect app for connecting with local runners?
Are you ready to run?
- Order your tour gear for optimal ice cream enjoyment.
- Choose a tracking option from free apps provided.
- Choose a local ice creamery and bring a friend.
- Run or walk your 5K or 10K.
- Record your tour time and share it with our NEW Strava Club.
- Snap a photo of your achievement and share it with us for raffle prizes.
- Repeat! There are three routes to explore this summer.