Community First-From Start to Finish
In the interest of health, safety and convenience for our participants the race offers a virtual race format. We hope this option gives participants the flexibility to enjoy the Cap10K experience in an social environment of their choosing.
As you’ll learn more about the virtual format on this page, we commend you for staying active and supporting local races. The virtual race features more than 25 different and exciting routes across Central Texas or choose a route in your neighborhood. One dollar from every virtual race registration will go to The Mike & Sherry Project, the race beneficiary. All virtual race gear is conveniently mailed to each participant.
We are grateful for our running community’s continued understanding and support of our race and beneficiary. We look forward to creating a dynamic virtual race experience for you in 2023.
Let’s stay connected for the long run!
2023 Virtual 10K Registration
Virtual Registration Opens 1/9/2023
Virtual running works exactly the same way as any other type of running but the difference is that the race can be run at any location, along any route, at any pace, and even on a treadmill. All you have to do is go for a run or walk and provide evidence that you have completed the distance.
- Virtual Race Registration Opens January 4, 2023.
- Do I have to register for the virtual race? Yes. This will guarantee you’ll get all the cool 2023 Cap10K race gear.
- Do I have to run a 10K? Participation is paramount, choose to complete a distance that you are physically fit to achieve and everyone wins.
- Do I have to run my 10K on 4/16/23? No. You have from 4/16/23 to 4/30/23 to complete your virtual 10K. Submit your photos and finishing time by 4/30/23 to claim your finisher’s certificate.
- What time does the virtual 10K start? True to the design of a virtual event, you can run your 10K on any day and at any time of day between 4/16/23 and 4/30/23.
- Do I have to run one of the recommended virtual 10K routes? No. You can customize your own 10K route in your own neighborhood.
- Every participant receives a sporty new tech fabric race shirt from Always Advancing. Participants can choose from traditional Men’s Crew Neck or Women’s V-neck style race shirts.
- Official 46th annual virtual race bib number.
- Commemorate your virtual race with a strip of official finish line tear tape. Cross the finish line like a champion.
- Every participant will receive a limited edition 2023 Finishers’ Medal.
- All virtual race packets, including the finisher’s medal, are mailed starting March 27, 2023.
Choose a neighborhood 10K route for your race.
- Review our suggested routes page for a complete guide on measured and mapped routes in your area. Watch one of the flyover videos from Relive or print a copy of the route with turn-by-turn directions. Archived Routes.
- Run with confidence by using one of the suggested tracking apps to plan your 10K. MapMy Run and RunGo are great tools for staying on course to a great time.
At the completion of your race registration you will receive an immediate response from EnMotive. If you do not receive a response from EnMotive, please make sure to check either spam or junk folders for two emails verifying your entry before contacting the race office.
- The subject line heading for the purchase transaction will read Your EnMotive Order.
- The subject line heading for the registration transaction will read Your 2023 Statesman Cap10K Registration.
- This is not a competitive race. There is no official start time and there is no official timing or scoring.
- The official virtual race kick-off is at 8:00 a.m. on 4/16/23.
- Explore responsibly. Social distancing encouraged.
- Published routes are recommendations only, participation is not required.
- Published routes are measured to an approximate 6.2 mile distance.
- Published routes are not sanctioned by the Cap10K.
- The design and use of a personally developed route is acceptable.
- For safety, participants should travel on the side of the street and in the direction facing oncoming traffic when possible.
- For safety, participants should use sidewalks, bike lanes and pedestrian pathways when possible.
- Tracking or timing device is not required but, encouraged.
- The use of personal safety lights are encouraged.
- There is no limit to the amount of time to complete the 6.2 mile distance.
- Finish time must be submitted to EnMotive to receive finisher’s certificate.
- All finisher times must be submitted by 4/30/23 to be counted in unofficial results.
- There are no restroom or aid station services provided on the route.
- There are no geographic restrictions on where the race is run.
- There are not surface restrictions on where the race in run — treadmill & trail acceptable.
If you have questions about registration, please log your inquiry here so we can respond promptly.
Strava Cap10K Club
Did you know we have a Strava Cap10K Club, it’s the perfect app for connecting with local runners and it’s FREE?
Virtual 10K Checklist
- Register for the virtual race.
- Choose a tracking option.
- Choose a route that is 6.2 miles.
- Wear your 2023 Cap10K race shirt in solidarity.
- Run or walk your 10K route.
- Record your time.
- Snap a photo of your achievement and share it with Cap10K.
- Log your virtual race time with EnMotive and claim your finisher’s certificate.
Cap10K Health & Safety Plan for COVID-19
The 46th running of the Statesman Capitol 10K presented by Baylor Scott & White Health is scheduled to return live to the streets of Austin, Texas on Sunday, April, 16, 2023.
Event organizers are working closely with the City of Austin, including Austin Public Health (APH) and Austin Center for Events (ACE), to safely produce a race weekend experience for event attendees and the Austin community. Preparations for the April 2023 race will align with local and state coronavirus guidelines.
The following FAQs will continue to be updated as information becomes available.*
How are you preparing for the 2023 Statesman Capitol 10K? Will event attendees be required to adhere to specific coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines?
We are working closely with the City of Austin, including Austin Public Health (APH) and Austin Center for Events (ACE), to provide a safe and enjoyable race weekend experience for all event attendees. Preparations for the event will align with local and state coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines. We recognize guidance is likely to change between now and April. For this reason, the event will provide specific guidelines to registered participants in the months and weeks leading up to race weekend.
When will you share more details about what event attendees can expect for the 2023 Statesman Capitol 10K (requirements, mitigation efforts, operational changes, etc.)?
We are committed to sharing event plans in a measured way to ensure our updates reflect what you will see race weekend. Our team is developing operational plans for various scenarios. We anticipate having more specific updates about race weekend and in early Spring when we have a better understanding of the environment the event will operate in.
Search neighborhood routes in Austin metro.
Log into your EnMotive registration profile to upload finish time.
Top questions about virtual participaiton.