King & Queen of the Hill Challenge
In 2014 the race premiered the first King & Queen of the Hill Challenge to race participants—winners to receive the prestigious polka dot jersey. The King & Queen of the Hill Challenge pits runners to compete up one of the notable hills on W. 15th St. at West Ave. The challenge is from Nueces St. to West Ave., approximately two city blocks. All participants are timed on the hill ascent. The fastest participant times between the two-timing checkpoints on the ascent will be crowned King & Queen of the Hill.
Polka dot jersey awarded to one male and one female in each of the three categories: Overall, Masters, and 19 & under.
Hilltopper Results 2021
- Overall: Megan Wagenaar – 00:17 (4:33 mi. pace)
- Masters: Tammy Shvartsman – 00:23 (5:56 mi. pace)
- 19 & Under: Isabel Cluskey – 00:19 (5:00 mi. pace)
- Overall: Andrew Micek – 00:16 (4:06 mi. pace)
- Masters: Duncan Curtis – 00:17 (4:33 mi. pace)
- 19 & Under: Ryan Hatfield – 00:19 ( 5:01 mi. pace)
Explore the Cap10K from start to finish.
Wave start improves efficiencies for large scale events.
Who will top this year’s podium in the winner’s circle.
Pace yourself to a Texas sized finish line.
Complimentary photos to download and share.