Austin's Rite of Spring
Established in 1978, the Statesman Capitol 10,000 has grown to become the largest 10K in Texas and sixth largest in the country. Each year, Austin’s iconic race teems with talent and personality. Experience the 46th annual Statesman Cap10K live on April 16, 2023. This year’s race beneficiary is the Mike & Sherry Project.
- Each participant must sign an event waiver before participating in the event. Race packet will not be issued to participants if the wavier is incomplete.
- Registrants under 18 years of age must have the applicant wavier signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- The age of a participant on the day of the race determines his or her age category classification.
- The Statesman Cap10K requires that participants be able to complete the 6.2-mile distance in two hours (2:00:00). The 10K course will reopen for public use on a rolling schedule based on this time limit.
- The sale and/or transfer of race entries/bib numbers is strictly prohibited.
- All registration fees and ancillary purchases are nonrefundable.
- All participants are required to pick up their own participant packet at the Health & Fitness Expo, Palmer Events Center on Friday, April 14, 2023 or Saturday, April 15, 2023.
- There is no race day registration or packet pick-up.
- All participants must be familiar with and abide by the official rules & restriction.
You will be asked to provide credit card information as a part of the application process. Your credit card will be charged when your application is completed. The transaction description on your credit card statement will include the company name EnMotive. When completing the application please use a credit card that has an expiration date of May 2023 or later.
* A processing fee will be applied to all entry fees for the 2023 Statesman Cap10K race.
At the completion of your race registration you will receive an immediate response from EnMotive. If you do not receive a response from EnMotive, please make sure to check either spam or junk folders for two emails verifying your entry before contacting the race office.
- The subject line heading for the purchase transaction will read Your EnMotive Order.
- The subject line heading for the registration transaction will read Your 2023 Statesman Cap10K Registration.
- Registration for the 46th annual Statesman Cap10K will include several great features.
- Every participant receives a sporty new tech fabric race shirt from Always Advancing.
- Participants can choose from traditional Men’s Crew Neck or Women’s V-neck style race shirts.
- Create or join a Corporate, Nonprofit Org., Social, School, or Military + First Responder team.
- Every Finisher will receive a limited edition 2022 Finishers’ Medal* after crossing the finish line.
- Access to photos* taken by the race photographers is automatically uploaded into your EnMotive runner profile and is free to download.
- Timing B-Tag records 5K, Finish, and King/Queen of the Hill split times.
- Entry into the Finish Line Festival with CapKids Zone and Outdoor Expo.
- A free sports massage*.
- Entry into the Cap10K beer garden, featuring mixed drinks and local craft beer (Age 21 and over admitted)*.
- Entry into the Cap10K dronnie station where your personal selfie* from a drone is filmed and emailed to you for free.
- Live performances from a local artists on the Festival’s main stage.
- Finishers’ medals are only available to participants who cross the race finish line, finishers’ medals are not guaranteed as part of registration*. Finishers’ medals are included in the race packet if registered as a virtual race participant.
- The quantity, quality, and setting of photos are variable and not guaranteed.
- Massage opportunities are limited quantity, first come first served, and not guaranteed.
- Dronie opportunities are limited quantity, first come first served, and not guaranteed.
If you have questions about registration, please log your inquiry here so we can respond promptly.
Cap10K Health & Safety Plan for COVID-19
The 46th running of the Statesman Capitol 10K presented by Baylor Scott & White Health is scheduled to return live to the streets of Austin, Texas on Sunday, April, 16, 2023.
Event organizers are working closely with the City of Austin, including Austin Public Health (APH) and Austin Center for Events (ACE), to safely produce a race weekend experience for event attendees and the Austin community. Preparations for the April 2023 race will align with local and state coronavirus guidelines.
The following FAQs will continue to be updated as information becomes available.*
How are you preparing for the 2023 Statesman Capitol 10K? Will event attendees be required to adhere to specific coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines?
We are working closely with the City of Austin, including Austin Public Health (APH) and Austin Center for Events (ACE), to provide a safe and enjoyable race weekend experience for all event attendees. Preparations for the event will align with local and state coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines. We recognize guidance is likely to change between now and April. For this reason, the event will provide specific guidelines to registered participants in the months and weeks leading up to race weekend.
When will you share more details about what event attendees can expect for the 2023 Statesman Capitol 10K (requirements, mitigation efforts, operational changes, etc.)?
We are committed to sharing event plans in a measured way to ensure our updates reflect what you will see race weekend. Our team is developing operational plans for various scenarios. We anticipate having more specific updates about race weekend and in early Spring when we have a better understanding of the environment the event will operate in.
Advice geared to optimize your race experience.
Rules intended to help produce and direct a large-scale event.
Together, we will be prepared.
Guidelines for being your best participant.
The best of central Texas’ events.