Austin’s Coffee House 10K
Let’s stay connected for the long run.
This spring, join the Statesman Cap10K on a new adventure that combines your interest in exploring new training routes with the love for a delicious cup o’ joe: Austin’s Coffee House 10K Sunrise Tour.
While live races are cautiously rebooting, that’s no reason for our runners to slow down. Through this new training program, we’re inviting you to join us each weekend to explore new custom-designed 5K or 10K routes that start and finish at local coffee houses. Reconnect with friends and meet new ones. Join us at the start line of this satisfying new training opportunity.
While social distancing is a must, staying close on social media is highly encouraged! Please document your experience and post your photos with the tag #Sunrise10KTour.
We’re really excited to see thousands of you training for our annual 10K in this new way and staying connected with the Cap10K community for the long run.
How the Running Tour Works
The running tour works exactly the same way as any other type of training run except we’ll be traveling to a new featured location every other week. The local routes can be run at any time and in any order. All you have to do is make a commitment to getting started. Not super fit yet, not a problem, use our map tools to plan a distance you are comfortable completing. Participation in the tour is absolutely free but only bib holders receive coffee perks.
Do I have to purchase a bib number to run the coffee house tour? No. Participation without a bib number is free, however, our local coffee houses partners have extended special drink discounts when you show your official bib.
Do I have to run a 10K? No. How far you run, walk or skip is completely up to you and your personal fitness level. Our course maps and street decals mark each mile on the route. If you only want to walk 2-miles, flip a u-turn at mile one and retrace your steps to finish your route.
Do I have to run the training routes in sequential order? No. Once each route is published it can be used as a training route at any time.
Have more questions, not a problem, follow the link to frequently asked questions.
Order your official coffee house passport tour bib.
- Secure your passport bib number today and enjoy warm coffee perks this spring. Each coffee house offers a promotional special when you make a purchase and show your official tour bib.
- New this fall for the tour is our Refer a Friend program because it’s so much more fun to train with a sidekick! Receive $2 back for every friend you register* and $2 off your compadre’s registration. Terms & Conditions
- Check out the women’s V-neck tour shirt in heather purple. Women’s sizing is available in V-neck style.
- Limited edition tour T-shirt, shirt + bib combo, and other great roadie options are available when ordering.
All tour purchases including bib, shirt, and mask are mailed by contactless delivery through the USPS within five business days. Shipping is included in the purchase price. All gear is mailed, there is no in-person pick-up.
Choose a local coffee house for your next training run.
- Review coffee house event pages for route maps, directions, and online tracking tools. Business address, photos, and parking information are also listed.
- Stay up-to-date with current ordering policies by reviewing each coffee house’s event page. Hours of operation, seating, and food service options vary by location.
Share your 10K achievement.
- Share your coffee tour experience, show us where you ran, what you saw or maybe that latte foam mustache — we’d love to see your photos.
- Run or walk any of our Sunrise Tour routes and save your time on your own device. Once you’ve got your time logged, request your finisher’s certificate.
Coffee House Partners
Coffee House Tour
- This is not a race. There is no official start time and there is no official timing or scoring.
- Explore responsibly. Social distancing is encouraged.
- There is no participation cost associated with using or following training routes.
- Grab a map from our box inside the coffee house.
- Course routes are measured to an approximate 6.2-mile distance.
- For safety participants should travel on the side of the street and in the direction facing oncoming traffic when possible.
- Course routes are not sanctioned by the Cap10K.
- Tracking or timing device is not required but, encouraged.
- The use of personal safety lights is encouraged.
- There is no limit to the amount of time to complete the 6.2-mile distance.
- Submit your finish time for each route and receive a customized finisher’s certificate.
- Coffee house tour registration ends on 4/2/22.
- All finisher times must be submitted by 4/9/22 to be counted in the results.
Are you ready for 10K?
- Order your bib and tour gear.
- Choose a tracking option.
- Choose a local coffee house and bring a friend.
- Run or walk your 10K.
- Record your tour time.
- Snap a photo of your achievement and share it with Cap10K.
- Log your virtual race time and claim your finisher’s certificate.
- Repeat! There are more coffee house routes to explore.
Special Tour Bonus
After the run enjoys free samples of Skratch Labs Sport Hydration drink mix, an electrolyte mix that actually replaces what you lose when you sweat.
Wildway’s mission is all about getting back to the wild! Getting back to the wild can mean different things to different people, but in a nutshell, it’s about connecting ourselves- to the natural world- to the food that comes from it. It’s about appreciating the beautiful landscapes that nature has given us, sustaining ourselves with real food that comes from the ground (as nature intended it to be), and understanding the connection between the two. Enjoy a sample of Wildway Coconut Cashew at one of the upcoming runs.