Rules & Restrictions
- Each participant must sign an event waiver before participating in the event.
- Race packet will not be issued to participants if the wavier is incomplete.
- Registrants under 18 years of age must have the applicant waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- The age of a participant on the day of the race determines his or her age category classification.
- Austin American-Statesman has a NO REFUND policy. ENTRY FEES, ANCILLARY PRODUCTS, AND DONATIONS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON. The no refund policy is stated here, and you are required to check a box and sign that you agree to this policy on your registration form. There are NO exceptions. Any inquiry regarding this policy will be directed back to this statement.
- The New EnMotive Registration Protection Plan is designed to provide confidence that your registration fee can be recouped due to an unforeseen event. Please read complete Plan information for qualifying events that are protected. The protection plan must be purchased at the time of registration.
- Austin American-Statesman has a NO TRANSFER & NO DEFERRAL policy. ENTRY FEES MAY NOT BE TRANSFERED for any reason. Athletes may not give or sell their entry to anyone else. Any athlete who is found to have given away or sold their race entry could be permanently banned from competing in this and other events. ENTRY FEES MAY NOT BE DEFERRED for any reason. Athletes may not postpone their registration or participation to a future date.
- We are pleased to offer convenient packet mailing services. This service must be purchased separately for the live event. This service is included in the registration fee for the virtual event.
- Finishers’ medals are only available to participants who cross the race finish line. Finishers’ medals are not guaranteed as part of the registration into the live event. Finishers’ medals are included in the virtual race packet.
- There is no race day registration or packet pick-up.
The following event rules are intended to help produce and direct a large-scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permits, and to be compliant with applicable USA Track & Field (USATF) regulations for participant performance records and event liability.