Rules & Restrictions
For the safety of our runners, volunteers, spectators, sponsors, and vendors, the following items are prohibited from all Statesman Capitol 10,000 events and venues:
- Firearms; the carrying of firearms is prohibited at all Cap1oK sanctioned events, in addition, firearms are explicitly prohibited in Palmer Events Center and all City of Austin Parks including Vic Mathias Shores.
- Knives, including but not limited to: swords, spears, daggers, sabers, Bowie knives, any knife with a blade over five and one-half inches, and machetes.
- Any item that could be considered dangerous includes, but is not limited to: mace, tasers, knives, bats, tools, and sharp objects.
- No bags of any kind will be allowed in the start corrals or on the course. ‘Camelbacks’ and similar hydration systems are permitted.
- Unmanned aircraft systems, drones, photography mini-copters are prohibited. The taking off and flying over of any part of the course is a violation of Cap10K controlled property by the City of Austin Special Event Permit and will be considered trespassing. In addition, all photographs and video recordings of the event are considered property of the Cap10K.
- Glass containers, styrofoam, and single-use plastic bags.
- Only registered runners wearing their personally assigned bib may participate in the Statesman Capitol 10,000 race.
The following event rules are intended to help produce and direct a large-scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permits, and to be compliant with applicable USA Track & Field (USATF) regulations for participant performance records and event liability.