2022 Cap10K Poster Contest
Submit your original poster artwork in our contest commemorating the 45th Cap10K on April 10, 2022. The winning entry will become the Official Poster for the 2022 Cap10K!
Artwork dimensions: 10 in x 16 in (live area, no bleed)
Printed poster size 11 in x 17 in (final size)
Artwork Must Include
45th Statesman Cap10K
April 10, 2022
Image of an armadillo, the Cap10K mascot
Reference to Austin or the Texas State Capitol
Original hand-drawn, painted or computer-generated artwork accepted.
When designing the poster, consider the following:
- What the Cap10K means to you
- What’s the essence of the Statesman Cap10K for you
- Representative of the largest 10K in Texas
- Colorful and dynamic
- Check out wall murals across Austin for ideas
Rules & Restrictions
Contest open to persons 18+ years old.
No entry to Cap10K required.
Agree that image will be used to create a 2022 Cap10K poster
Artwork becomes sole property of the Statesman Cap10K, no other rights
Artist cannot sell their artwork poster, etc.
Official Rules & Restrictions
No Purchase is Necessary to Enter or to Win. All Federal, State, Local and Municipal Laws and Regulations Apply.
The Sponsor of the 2022 Statesman 45th Cap10K Poster Contest (the “Contest”) is Ventures Endurance, LLC, 85 Devonshire Street, 9th Floor, Boston, Massachusetts 02109 (“Ventures” or “Sponsor”).
The Submission Period consists of the following dates:
- Submission Start Date: 12:01 Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 1, 2021; and
- Submission End Date: 11:59 p.m. ET on January 31, 2022.
The Judging Period is February 1 – 15, 2022. The Winner will be announced on or around March 1, 2022. The sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
- The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (the “Territory”) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (or the legal age of majority in his/her state of residence) at the time of entry (each, the “Participant” or, collectively, the “Participants”).
- Employees, contractors, or interns of Ventures or Gannett Co., Inc. and each of their respective divisions, affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, fulfillment, and promotion agencies (including, in each case, immediate family members) are not eligible to enter the Contest. For purposes of this Contest, “immediate family members” are defined as spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation, or another familial extension, and any other persons residing at the same household location, whether or not related.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and is void outside the Territory and where prohibited by law.
- By participating in this Contest, each Participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of Ventures, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Contest.
Poster Requirements and Submission Information
Individuals are encouraged to submit original poster artwork to commemorate the 45th Cap10K on April 10, 2022 (each, the “Poster”, and, collectively, the “Posters”). One (1) winner will be selected from all Posters received according to these Official Rules, and that individual’s artwork will become the Official Poster for the 2022 Cap10K.
- Participants are asked to consider the following as they design a Poster for the Contest:
- a) What the Cap10K means to them;
- b) What is the essence of the Cap10K
- c) Think about wall murals seen across Austin, Texas;
- d)Family/generational friendly; and
- e) Artwork should be colorful and representative of the Cap10K as the largest 10K in Texas
- Artwork dimensions should be 10 in x 16 in (live area). The printed Poster size will be 11 in x 17 in with a 0.5 in the white margin.
- The Poster artwork must be submitted in pdf format to the following website: cap10k.com/poster contest (each, the “Entry”, and, collectively, the “Entries”). Online entry is the only way to enter this Contest. Entries will not be accepted through e-mail, facsimile, postal mail, express delivery service, or hand-delivery. The sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. Assurance of delivery of the Entry is the sole responsibility of the Participant.
- Original hand-drawn, painted or computer-generated artwork will be accepted.
- The Poster must contain the following elements or the Poster may be disqualified, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion:
- a) 45th Statesman Cap10K;
- b) April 10, 2022;
- c) Image of an armadillo (the Cap10K mascot); and
- d) Reference to Austin, Texas, or the Texas State Capitol
- All elements appearing in the Poster must be the Participant’s original creation and must not have been published or be under consideration for publication or prizes elsewhere. By entering the Contest, the Participant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted Poster is an original work created solely by the Participant, that the Poster does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Poster. Sponsor consents to Participant’s use of “45th Statesman Cap10K” and the image of an armadillo (the Cap10K mascot) only to the extent necessary for Participant to create a Poster for entry in the Contest. The sponsor does not consent to any use of the Sponsor’s intellectual property rights by the Participant for any other purpose.
- The Poster submitted must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest and submit a Poster.
- A Participant does not have to enter the Cap10Krace to participate in the Contest.
- Each Participant is limited to submitting one (1) Poster in this Contest. If multiple submissions are received by the Sponsor, only the first Poster will be considered in the Contest.
- In order to enter the Contest or win the prize, the Participant must comply fully with these Official Rules and by entering agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Ventures, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects.
License to Use Entries
By entering the Contest, all Participants grant an irrevocable, unconditional, perpetual, worldwide, transferable, fully-paid, royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license, with an unlimited right to grant sublicenses, to Sponsor and its affiliates, related entities and service providers and to Sponsor’s sublicensees (hereinafter collectively the “Licensed Parties”) to use, reproduce, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, distribute, display, create derivative works of and/or otherwise use (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) each element of a Participant’s Poster in connection with the Contest, the promotion of the Contest, and in any other manner at the discretion of the Licensed Parties in any media now or hereafter known including, but not limited to, on the Licensed Parties’ web pages, social media pages and other digital media, newsletters, third party sites, print materials, television and other broadcast media, for marketing and/or advertising, and in printed materials for sale. Participant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights, or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Licensed Parties’ use of any element of the Poster, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Licensed Parties for the use of any element of the Poster and the Entry. Display or publication of any Poster on the Licensed Parties’ website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. The Licensed Parties will not be required to pay any consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with the Licensed Parties’ use of the Poster.
Notification of the Winner
The potential Winner will be notified within five (5) business days after being chosen by the Panel in accordance with the contact information supplied by the Participant at the time of entry (“Prize Notification”). Prize Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon the placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail or any other form of communication Ventures may use to contact a potential Winner. Ventures are not obligated to leave a voicemail or any other type of message. If a potential Winner does not respond to the Prize Notification within five (5) business days after the Prize Notification, Ventures may select an alternate winner according to these Official Rules from all remaining eligible Entries. Ventures reserve the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential Winner, if any.
The potential Winner must sign and have notarized an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”), and an Assignment of all of Participant’s rights in the Poster including, but not limited to, all rights, title, and interest including copyrights to Ventures, as well as any other documentation required by Ventures in its sole discretion, within five (5) business days following the date of first attempted notification regarding the documentation in order to be eligible to accept the prize. Failure to sign and return to Ventures such forms within the requisite timeframe may result in disqualification, and an alternate winner may be selected according to these Official Rules from all remaining eligible Entries.
Any potential Winner is subject to verification and the potential Winner’s full compliance with these Official Rules before any prize will be awarded.
Announcement of the Winner
The Winner will be announced in a half-page ad in the Austin American-Statesman.
In addition to the ad, the Winner will be announced and given social recognition on Cap10K Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
One (1) prize package will be awarded in this Contest. The Winner will be awarded the following:
- $500.00 cash in the form of a check made payable to the Winner;
- 2022 entry for the 2022 Statesman 45th Cap10K which includes the VIP tent entrance at the Finish Line Festival (the approximate retail value is $95.00);
- The winning poster image will be reproduced on a minimum of 10,000 pieces to be given away at Cap10K social runs, promotional opportunities, and at Cap10KExpo; and
- The image of the winning Poster will be used as the cover of the 2022 Cap10K race guide, which is scheduled to publish on March 31, 2022.
- The prize cannot be transferred or substituted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded. All characteristics and features of the prize, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, are at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
All local, state, and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Any person winning over $600 in prizes during any one (1) year period will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- It is each Participant’s responsibility to enter in the appropriate manner. Each Participant is responsible for all costs or charges involved in accessing the participating website and warrants that the cost of accessing the websites, if any, is part of a larger agreement with an Internet Service Provider or some other means, and that the cost of this access is not an incremental cost.
- If for any reason the internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Ventures that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Ventures reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. Ventures assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries.
- Ventures are not responsible for lost, misdirected, illegible, damaged, or undelivered Entries. Ventures are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, services or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any material in this Contest. CAUTION: Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Ventures reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In the event of a dispute, entries made by the Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases
By participating in this Contest, the Participant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Ventures, Gannett Co., Inc., Gannett Media Corp, and each of their divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to the Participant’s participation in this Contest and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to Participant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in this Contest; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Contest activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Participant agrees that the Contest Entities: (a) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with any Contest and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; (b) maintain no control over the personnel, equipment or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, manufacturer or other person or entity furnishing services, products or accommodations (“Suppliers”) as a part of the prizes provided in connection with any Contest; and (c) will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to: (1) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the Suppliers or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service or product that is owned, operated, furnished or otherwise used by any of those Suppliers, (3) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Contest Entities, and (4) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Contest Entities. Participant agrees that the Contest Entities shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Ventures; interruption or inability to access the website, or Ventures or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to Participant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of a Contest; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Contest Entities. Each Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any and all liability resulting from or arising from any Contest and to release all rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against Contest Entities and hereby acknowledge that Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact, or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a Supplier that may be sent along with a prize. Ventures are not responsible for the actions of Participants in connection with any Contest, including the Participant’s attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Affidavit will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of the Official Rules or the Affidavit is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The failure of Ventures to enforce any term of the Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in the Official Rules, Ventures has sole and absolute discretion. Participants agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of the Official Rules.
- Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof.
- All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
- Ventures will not be responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest.
- Ventures reserve the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in its sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law.
- Any and all decisions of Ventures regarding the Contest are final.
- This Contest and these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of New York whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event that any dispute arises regarding the Contest or the prize package.
Name of Winner
To obtain the name of the Winner, contact Jeffery Simecek, Race Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2022.
Any questions on this Contest should be directed to Jeffrey Simecek, Race Director, at email@example.com.
Prize (One Winner)
$500 cash from the Statesman Cap10K.
Free 2022 Race Entry + VIP tent at the Finish Line Festival.
Poster image reproduced on a minimum of 10,000 pieces to be given away at Cap10K social runs, promotional opportunities, and at Cap10K Expo.
Announcement of the winner in a photo half-page ad in the Austin American-Statesman.
Social recognition of winner/artwork on Cap10K Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok accounts.
Image used as the cover of the 2022 Cap10K race guide to publishing on Thursday, March 31, 2022.
Original artwork must be submitted in a PDF file format.