In 2014 the race premiered the first King & Queen of the Hill Challenge to race participants—winners to receive the prestigious polka dot jersey. The King & Queen of the Hill Challenge pits runners to compete up one of the notable hills on W. 15th St. at West Ave. The challenge is from Nueces St. to West Ave., approximately two city blocks. All participants will be timed on the ascent. The fastest participant times between the two timing mats on the ascent will be crowned King & Queen of the Hill.
Polka dot jersey awarded to one male and one female in each of the three categories: Overall, Masters, and 19 & under.
• Overall: Erin Hogan, 14.5 seconds
• Masters: Lindsay Walker, 17.1 seconds
• 19 & Under: Emily Greco, 16.6 seconds
• Overall (Tie): Bryan Ngo & Hunter Mullins, 11.9 seconds
• Masters: Chance Henderson, 12.3 seconds
• 19 & Under: Hunter Mullins, 11.9 seconds