MENU
Alma_Profile_Name_500x500_21v1

Alma

Running has been a part of my life for 23 years. Through running, I have made new friends and traveled to new places. I have experienced the joys and pains of the sport that tend to help put things into perspective. I have run countless 5k, 10k, and half marathon races and have done a handful of trail races. This year I was waiting for the arrival on my first baby who was due on October 1. During the pregnancy I had to scale back on the distance but running still brought joy. Up through about 8 months of my pregnancy I managed to do daily walks and shorter runs, and I’ve been keeping tabs on the running community. Baby girl arrived early on September 26, and we are super happy. Hopefully someday she’ll be a runner. I am very excited to have been chosen as ambassador for the Statesman Capitol 10k and look forward to motivating others to join the run.

Did you know...

Pumpkin, pecan or apple pie and do you run Thanksgiving Day?

“I usually try to get a run or walk before I start to help with the cooking. On Thanksgiving day I’ll make my fruit salad and help my mom with the cooking. I’ll have a slice of pumpkin pie and my fruit salad and end the day being with my mom.”
What shoe are you currently training in and why did you choose it?

“I use the Brooks Glycerin. I really the brooks glycerin because they give good support during my runs. They don’t feel heavy as I run and they are very light.”

Austin's Coffee House Tour