Captains & Team Members
Thank you for your interest in developing or joining a team for this year’s Statesman Cap10K. Lead your team across the finish line of one of Austin’s most iconic races when it hits its 40th milestone in 2017. Established in 1978, the Statesman Cap10K has grown to become the largest 10K in Texas and seventh largest in the country. The race is expected to attract more than 25,000 participants, many of them part of corporate and social teams. Come experience the race and Finish Line Festival with your own group!
The Team Challenge is an opportunity for your friends & family to participate together in a fun event while promoting healthy lifestyles and supporting our 2017 race beneficiary, Austin Parks Foundation. This year, we’re excited to announce the continuation of $1 from every registration going to our beneficiary! The Statesman is also matching up to $10,000 in additional donations made by participants. Not only that, but the Team Challenge is just a lot of fun. After the race join us in the beer garden, listen to live local music on the shores, grab a bite from local food trucks or explore the the CapKids Zone hosted by the YMCA at the Finish Line Festival. We want you to benefit from all the Team Challenge has to offer!
Follow the link below to confirm your 2017 race registration in EventDog.com. Have your confirmation code available for quicker verification. If you can not locate your confirmation code follow the Manage My Registration link for instructions on how to access your registration profile.
Manage My Registration
If you discover that your shirt size, bib personalization or team info is incorrect follow the Manage My Registration link below for instructions on how to make edits to your registration profile. Everyone who signs up for the race has an participant profile account on EventDog.com. To access your account the first time follow the steps below set up a password and access your profile.
• When you are ready to edit your profile follow link below and choose Set Up.
• Enter the email address you used to sign up for the event and click Create Account.
• EventDog.com will send you an email with a password reset link.
• Create a password for your account.
• Log in and manage your participant profile!
We have gone to great lengths to improve the team management feature for Captains this year. Review these new features to make the team experience optimal for your group. Things to know about team registrations:
• When you set up your team there are 3 access levels:
• Public teams can be seen and joined by anyone registering as an adult or youth.
• By Invitation Only means that when you email an invitation that link will work for one individual.
• Anyone with the Link means just that – anyone with your link can join your team.
• You can remove anyone from your team by logging in to your account and clicking the manage team icon.
• If your team access is set to Public or Anyone with the Link you can copy a link to registration to share.
• You can email an invitation to join your team no matter which access level you choose.
• You can export the email addresses of everyone who is confirmed on your team.
• You can choose team packet grouping for bulk pickup or opt out and have team members claim their individual packets at the Expo.
• You can reserve a complimentary team tent at the finish line Team Village area when you have 25 or more members.
If you have already registered as an individual and you would like to change your participant profile to Team Captain and create a team, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the Support Administrator can make this transfer. To help us address your request more efficiently include TRANSFER TO TEAM CAPTAIN in the subject line of your email.
Team Rules & Restrictions
• Team registration only available online.
• The cumulative finish times of the fastest 10 team members will be added up to create a team time.
• Team time determines winning team (finish times are based on Chip Time).
• Teams that do not have at least 10 team member finish times are not eligible for Fastest Team award. There is no maximum number of team members.
• Team members are eligible for individual age group awards and are able to place in the overall results.
• Team members must be registered with a team to be eligible for team awards.
• Teams must have 25 registered members by 4/2/2017 11:59 p.m. to qualify for optional group packet prep and team tent area at the Finish Line Festival.
• Only the Team Captain has the discretion to opt in to bulk team packet pick-up and team tent area. If you are registered as a team member contact your Team Captain for specific packet pick-up instructions.
• Only the Team Captain or pre-determined designee can claim bulk team’s packets.
• If you are the Captain and would prefer to pay in bulk for team member’s registration, please contact race office at email@example.com (include subject heading: BULK Team Reg. Purchase) so we can reply with further instructions.
Competition & Awards
The Statesman Cap10K, held in the heart of downtown on Sunday, April 10, 2016, presents the perfect way to show your team spirit, make new friends, and compete against other teams. The Cap10K Team Challenge includes two categories of competition for each our our four Team Divisions (Social, Corporate, Nonprofit & Military/First Responder). Awards will be presented to:
• Fastest Division Team (top 10 team members)
Fastest team will receive a team trophy
Second and Third place teams will be recognized
• Largest Division Team
Largest team will receive a team trophy
Second and Third place teams will be recognized
Austin is thriving with great local training opportunities for this year’s Cap10K. Novice, intermediate and advanced runners alike have participated in the event annually and many of them continue to seek out the best recommendations, advice and referrals on training. We’ve composed this list of local training service providers for your convenience. The first step to completing a 10K goal is to learn how to achieve it and training instruction can be helpful to recreational athletes that want to realize the 10K distance.
Show your team spirit by posting your participation on Facebook, Twitter or the social media channel of your choice. Popular tags: #cap10k, #statesman & #austin10kr.
The Team Captain has the sole discretion to choose how packets will be distributed to team members. Please check with your Team Captain for instructions on how to claim your individual race packet. Captains have the choice to collect all member packets in bulk and distribute to team or team members have to pick up their individual race packets at the Health & Fitness Expo.
Captains with 25 or more team members qualify for advance packet pick up at the Austin American-Statesman (main lobby) 4/17–4/19. Team packets will be grouped in bulk if, Captain opted in to picking up team packets and distributing to team members. If Captain opted out of picking up team packets, each team member is responsible for picking up their individual packet up at the Expo. Only the Team Captain or pre-determined designee can claim team’s grouped packets. Captain can pick up team’s packets on these days:
• Monday, April 17, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Captains with 24 or less team members do not qualify for advance packet pick up. Captain can pick up grouped race packets at the Cap10K Race Expo in the Palmer Events Center 4/21–4/22. Team packets will be grouped in bulk if, Captain opted in to picking up team packets and distributing to team members. If Captain opted out of picking up team packets, each team member is responsible for picking up their individual packet up at the Expo. Only the Team Captain or pre-determined designee can claim team’s grouped packets. Captain can pick up team’s packets on these days:
• Friday, April 21, 2017, 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Saturday, April 22, 2017, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
There is NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP OR REGISTRATION so, make arrangements to have your co-workers, friends or family pick up your packet if you are unable to make it to the Expo.
Health & Fitness Expo
Dates to Remember
April 8, 2016 Registration Opened $30 (limited to first 2,017 registrants) Expired
September 22, 2016 Registration Fee Increase $35 Expired
January 5, 2017 Registration Fee Increase $40
March 2, 2017 Registration Fee Increase $45
April 2, 2017 Deadline to Register Team or join a team 11:59 p.m.
April 2, 2017 Deadline to Reach 25 team member status for Team Packet Prep
April 2, 2017 Deadline to Personalize Race Bib Number
April 2, 2017 Deadline to Edit Registration Profile
April 17, 2017 Registration Fee Increase $50
April 17, 18 & 19, 2017 Bulk Team Packet Pick-up for Teams with 25 or more members
April 21 & 22, 2017 Statesman Cap10K Health & Fitness Expo
April 22, 2017 Deadline to Register Online 4:00 p.m., (must attend Expo to register 4/22)
April 22, 2017 Last day to pick up Race Packet
April 23, 2016 Statesman Capitol 10,000
April 27, 2017 Deadline to submit Costume Contest photo entry
May 2, 2017 Deadline to vote on Costume Contest photos
The Cap10K is extremely excited to continue the Team Village opportunity at this year’s race. The Team Village area is available to teams with 25 or more registered members. If your team meets this minimum member requirement and Team Captain opted in to perk, Cap10K will provide a 10×10 tent with your team name prominently displayed on a banner over the tent. The team tent is a great place to meet up in the morning and celebrate the day after the race. The Team Village will be located in the Finish Line Festival on Vic Mathias Shores (formally Auditorium Shores). Team captains will be contacted prior to the race to convey additional information about the team tent location and attendance policies. More info will follow.